Health and Safety FAQs
We are thrilled to welcome you back into our venues for the 21/22 season!
We know there is still some uncertainty about the year ahead, but rest assured that safety and flexibility continue to be our top priorities.
1. Are masks required at CPA performances?
Yes. A well-fitting mask must be worn over your nose and mouth at all times inside all CPA venues. Masks are not required when outdoors on UNC’s campus.
Mask-wearing will be enforced. Anyone arriving without a mask will be supplied a complimentary one upon entry. Non-compliance will result in removal from the event without a refund.
2. Will I be asked to show proof of vaccination?
No, at this time you will not be asked to show proof of vaccination to enter CPA venues. If this changes, we will alert all ticketholders via email.
3. Will seating be distanced?
Yes. Parties will be separated by an empty seat or aisle to increase social distancing.
For events with reserved seating, you will be able to select the section you wish to sit in at the time of purchase. Our Box Office team will alert you of your exact seat location via email prior to the event. Additional details on social distancing and seat selection to come – check back here.
4. Will mobile ticketing be offered?
Yes. We encourage you to use mobile ticketing to avoid lines and reduce touch points at the event. Mobile ticketing fees will be waived this season for your convenience.
5. What enhanced health and safety measures are in place this season?
We are committed to creating a safe and healthy environment at CPA events, and are adhering to CDC and UNC requirements for increased cleaning and sanitization to minimize any risk to all staff, patrons, and artists. For the health and safety of our patrons, artists, and staff we:
- have enhanced daily cleaning procedures
- have installed hand sanitizing stations throughout our venues
- encourage you to utilize our new mobile ticketing option to reduce touch points and save time
- will be reserving empty seats between parties for increased social distancing
- will offer complimentary supplies for all guests, including masks, disposable gloves, disinfectant wipes, and hand sanitizer
6. Will concessions be offered this season?
Concessions will closed for the fall. Check back here for updates regarding spring events.
Outside food and beverages are not allowed inside CPA venues.
7. Will cOAT CHECK be offered this season?
Coat check will remain closed for the fall. Check back here for updates regarding spring events.
8. Can i still attend a performance if i’m experiencing symptoms of covid-19?
No. For the health and safety of our patrons, staff, and artists, please stay home if you feel unwell or are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19. You may return your tickets for a full refund, excluding any fees, up to 48 hours before the event begins.
9. If covid-19 circumstances worsen as the event approaches, will i get a refund?
Yes. If you no longer feel comfortable attending an in-venue event, let our Box Office know at least 48 hours in advance of the event and we will issue you a full refund, excluding any fees.
Likewise, if an event is cancelled due to COVID-19, you will receive a full refund, excluding any fees.
We are not able to refund ticket donations for virtual events, nor are we able to refund add-on donations for any CPA event.
Additional questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Hero photo: Charlotte May for Pexels