Health and Safety FAQs
We are thrilled to welcome you back into our venues for the 21/22 season!
We know there is still some uncertainty this spring, but rest assured that safety and flexibility continue to be our top priorities.
1. Are masks required at CPA performances?
As of March 7, 2022, the Orange County Health Department and UNC System will no longer require masks indoors. Masks will be optional inside all University buildings and CPA venues, unless specifically requested by the artist.
At this time, masks are only required by 600 HIGHWAYMEN. A Thousand Ways: An Assembly requires audience members to wear masks for the duration of the event.
For the continued safety of our community, we will continue to encourage wearing a well-fitting mask over your nose and mouth inside CPA venues, but masks will only be enforced for A Thousand Ways: An Assembly.
2. Will I be asked to show proof of vaccination?
You will not be asked to show proof of vaccination to enter CPA venues. If this changes, we will alert all ticketholders via email.
Additional exemptions may apply for events by non-CPA/UNC presenters in our venues (e.g., NC Symphony).
3. Will seating be distanced?
Yes. Parties will be separated by an empty seat or aisle to increase social distancing.
For events with reserved seating, you will be able to select the section you wish to sit in at the time of purchase. Our Box Office team will alert you of your exact seat location via email prior to the event.
4. Will mobile ticketing be offered?
Yes. We encourage you to use mobile ticketing to avoid lines and reduce touch points at the event. Mobile ticketing fees will be waived this season for your convenience.
5. What enhanced health and safety measures are in place this season?
We are committed to creating a safe and healthy environment at CPA events, and we are adhering to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance and UNC-Chapel Hill requirements for increased cleaning and sanitization to minimize any risk to all staff, patrons and artists.
For the health and safety of our patrons, artists and staff:
- We have enhanced daily cleaning procedures.
- We have installed hand sanitizing stations throughout our venues.
- We encourage you to utilize our new mobile ticketing option to reduce touch points and save time.
- We will be reserving empty seats between parties for increased social distancing.
- We will offer complimentary supplies for all guests, including masks and hand sanitizer.
We will continue to update these protocols as needed to ensure the safety of our community.
Learn more about COVID-19 protocols:
6. Will concessions be offered this season?
No. Concessions will be closed for the 21/22 season.
Outside food and beverages are not allowed inside CPA venues.
7. Will cOAT CHECK be offered this season?
No. Coat check will be closed for the 21/22 season.
8. Can i still attend a performance if i’m experiencing symptoms of covid-19?
No. For the health and safety of our patrons, staff, and artists, please stay home if you feel unwell or are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19. You may return your tickets for a full refund, excluding any fees, up to 48 hours before the event begins.
9. If covid-19 circumstances worsen as the event approaches, will i get a refund?
Yes. If you no longer feel comfortable attending an in-venue event, let our Box Office know at least 48 hours in advance of the event and we will issue you a full refund, excluding any fees.
Likewise, if an event is cancelled due to COVID-19, you will receive a full refund, excluding any fees.
We are not able to refund ticket donations for virtual events, nor are we able to refund add-on donations for any CPA event.
Still have questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Hero photo: Charlotte May for Pexels