Geoff Sobelle: HOME
Tickets from $10–$35. See details below.
HOME is a large-scale performance project that revolves around the life cycle of a house. Created through a mix of illusion, choreography, construction, and live documentary, Geoff Sobelle’s work illuminates how the messiness of life transforms a house into a home.
HOME awakens audiences to the current housing landscape. The universal and timely themes of gentrification and migration are rendered in the choreography of ordinary people inhabiting and leaving a structure.
“…HOME adds up to a wholly unique blend of concept, stagecraft, movement, music, and visual storytelling that gives fast-moving form to the ways, large and small, in which a house becomes a home.”The Boston Globe
Tickets available for $20–$35. $10 UNC-Chapel Hill student tickets available with valid UNC One Card. Additional discounts available. Visit our FAQ page for details.
Save 20% on our four-performance theater package:
- Geoff Sobelle: HOME | Feb. 4, 2023
- Tao of Glass | March 24–25, 2023
- Big Dance Theater: The Road Awaits Us + Cage Shuffle: a Duet | April 6, 2023
- Osvaldo Golijov’s Falling Out of Time | April 20, 2023
Gold, Premium and Zone A packages starting at $103
- Runtime: 110 minutes
- Additional information: Visit our FAQ page
- Creator/Performer: Geoff Sobelle
- Scenic Design: Steven Dufala
- Director: Lee Sunday Evans
- Original Songs: Elvis Perkins
- Lighting Design: Christopher Kuhl
- Sound Design: Brandon Wolcott
- Costume Design: Karen Young
- Illusion Design: Steve Cuiffo
- Dramaturg: Stefanie Sobelle
- Choreography: David Neumann
- Props Design: Victoria Ross
- Creators/Performers: Geoff Sobelle, Sophie Bortolussi, Jennifer Kidwell, Ching Valdes-Aran, Justin Rose, Elvis Perkins
- Stage Manager: Lisa McGinn
- Assistant Stage Manager: Kevin J.P. Hanley
- Technical Director: Chris Swetcky
- Wardrobe Supervisor: Natalie Nratko
- Creative Consultant: Julian Crouch
- Additional Vocals: The Crossing
Developed and Produced by Jecca Barry
HOME was commissioned by Brooklyn Academy of Music, Arizona State University – Gammage, New Zealand Festival, Beth Morrison Projects and the Edinburgh International Festival. HOME was funded, in part, by The Wyncote Foundation, Adam & Diane Max, Garth Patil, Wendy vanden Heuvel and Jeanne Donovan Fisher and received developmental support from LUMBERYARD Contemporary Performing Arts (formerly ADI). Residency support has been provided by MANA Contemporary, BRIC, Pennsylvania State University and ArtsEmerson. HOME received support from the New York Theatre Workshop annual Usual Suspects summer residency at Dartmouth College.
Adam Blumenthal, Andrew Simonet, Bard College, Catch Series (Jeff, Caleb, Andrew), Church of the Millennials (Abby Adler, Antonio Irizarry, Kedian Keohan, Reeves Morris-Stan, Ethan Rogers, Daisy Rosato, Dana Savage), David Brick, Daniel Soule, Edward & Lynn Dolnick, Gideon Lester, Jeff Larson, Jeremy Lydic, Jim Findlay, Jim Weiner, John & Nancy Cassidy, Jonathan Zencheck, Josh Higgason, Justin Cox, Katerina Barry, Kele McComsky, Kevin Hanley, Linda Brumbach, Mitchell Robe, Orlando Pabatoy, Stephen Smith, Toby Leaman, Travis DeCastro, Trey Lyford, Victoria Finney, Victoria Burge, Wolfgang Hoffman, Daisy Sanders, Emma Plotkin, Ysa Pinyol, and Sean Daniels.
ABOUT GEOFF SOBELLE
Geoff Sobelle (Creator/Performer) is a US-based actor and creator devoted to making original actor-driven performance works. His shows include: HOME, The Object Lesson, The Elephant Room, all wear bowlers and machines machines machines machines machines machines machines (among others).
MORE ABOUT geoff sobelle
He has received commissions from BAM, Lincoln Center, Arizona State University, Center Theatre Group, Edinburgh International Festival and The New Zealand Festival. His shows have been recognized by a Bessie Award, an Obie Award in design, two Edinburgh Fringe First Awards, the Best of Edinburgh Award, a Total Theatre Award and an Innovative Theatre Award. He is a Pew Fellow and a Creative Capital Grantee. Geoff was a company member of Philadelphia’s Pig Iron Theatre Company from 2001-2012. He trained in physical theater at the Lecoq school in Paris and is a graduate of Stanford University. www.geoffsobelle.com
“…mind-boggling humorous magic is dispensed throughout…Actor, creator, magician and illusionist, Geoff Sobelle performs miracles.”Phindie.com